88.2 F
Coral Gables
Friday, July 26, 2024
July 26 , 2024

Sample Category Title

Op-Eds

Restaurants Every UM Student Needs to Try

Here are the Miami Hurricane's picks for the restaurants every UM student must try.

Go to college in a big city

Colleges and the areas that surround them range massively in size, here's why opinion co-editor Ethan Mannello thinks you should go college in a big city.

Top 10 items every freshman should have in their dorm

Move-in day is right around the corner so here's what all incoming students should be making sure they have in their dorms.

Editorials

UMPD should do their job so that we can do ours

The University of Miami Police Department’s mission is “to maximize the safety and security of the...

From The Miami Hurricane: on publishing op-eds

The mission of the opinion section of The Miami Hurricane is to disseminate different viewpoints, raise publi...

Students should not be political collateral in DeSantis̵...

With every banned book and lifelong educator fired, DeSantis further erodes the value of public higher education and jeopardizes its foundations as part of a political agenda that has intensified since he took office. Students, many of whom are still too young to vote in gubernatorial elections, will end up paying the price for these decisions.

Letters to the Editor

Frenk’s legacy in scholarship, leadership, and ‎generosity

The first thing that struck me about ‎Frenk was his brilliant—indeed, genius—mind. His way of ‎thinking is dazzling. He is also an attentive listener, focusing not ‎just on the superficial meanings of words but on the deeper ‎implications behind them.

Show up for Amendment Four, stay for the senate vote

Floridians now have the power to vote on their own state’s abortion restrictions, but senior Emily Danzinger says there still more work to be done.

In response to Alan Dershowitz: Recognizing genocide and the humanity of Palestinian people

From the outset, I humbly ask my Jewish brothers and sisters to remain open to this message. Hate directed at you, your family and your faith directly assaults our shared prospect of equality, and your liberation is inextricably tied to liberation for myself, Palestinians and indigenous peoples across the world.While critical of Israeli state actions, this article will not denigrate Judaism as a religion or Jewish people as a culture, ethnicity or communit...