Dolce & Gabbana exhibits Alta Gioielleria Collection for the first time in Miami

Photo credit: Lauren Ferrer

The Dolce & Gabbana Casa Collection made its debut in a 2,700 square-meter space at the Miami Design District during Miami Art Week. Dedicated to excellent craftsmanship and Italian design, the collection’s themes are brought to life with impressive textiles, patterns and decorative objects putting a viewer in tune with the company’s beginnings. In collaboration with Luxury Living Group, Dolce & Gabbana is presenting the new furniture collection with unique pieces that defy all creative limits.

Founded in 1985 by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana produces high-end clothing, leather-goods, footwear, accessories and jewelry. With unique styles based on sartorial tradition and rooted in Mediterranean and Sicilian culture, Dolce & Gabbana delivers impressive designs placing the brand as a leading group of the luxury goods industry.

The designers have recently shifted their focus from southern Italy to North and South America.

“I’m Sicilian,” Dolce said to Vogue. “We love Latin culture — this is very close to the Dolce & Gabbana world.”

Miami represents a meeting point for Dolce & Gabbana. In this melting pot of cultures, Latin American and South American cultures intertwine. The brand prides itself in its preservation of old Italian techniques, enhancing the value of their work. Dedicated to keeping tradition alive, the company makes it a goal to hire tailors in their late 20s and teach them their craftsmanship.

Photo credit: Lauren Ferrer

Exhibited for the first time in Miami, Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Gioielleria Collection embodies the company’s values and brand. Each piece of jewelry is handmade with traditional Italian techniques dedicated to preserving the value of the stones. For example, in order to achieve and preserve bright colors without the use of precious stones, artists will paint the gold with a powder-like enamel.

During the exhibit, the present jewelry managers stressed the importance of the fact that the jewelry in this collection is not just meant to be collected, but worn. The selection focused on untreated stones, increasing the value of each piece. An untreated stone is a purer stone, without alteration or enhancement by heat.

“Some say diamonds are the most expensive stone, but an untreated sapphire — like the one here could be worth more,” high-end jewelry manager Carlos said.

The jewelry exhibit, along with every other piece in the Dolce & Gabbana Casa Collection captivated every spectator that walked through the doors. Mesmerizing patterns and bright colors tied in each aspect of the culture and tradition the brand hopes to preserve.